Archive for October, 2017
Car maintenance matters. You don’t want to bust your budget on car repairs you could be avoiding. Stay out of the shop and on the road with these tips. Keep your car up to date with maintenance checks and avoid those dreadful trips to the mechanic. A simple check-up every few months can alert you of problems in your vehicle before they become an expensive repair.
Here are the areas you’ll need to keep in mind:
- Oil Changes – Getting regular oil changes will keep your car running smoothly. Without the oil’s lubrication, the friction in your engine will produce too much heat and cause major damage. How often you change your oil will depend on your driving habits, make and model of your car, and mileage. Click here for more details about how often you should change your oil.
- Brakes – Before a major trip or every other oil change, make sure to get your brakes checked. Routine checks will give you a better idea of how often you need to change your brakes.
- Tires – Worn down tires can present a risk on the road. Prevent a future accident and have your tires checked every few months. Need new tires? Check out this helpful guide to buying tires.
- HVAC System – Proper heating and cooling performance is critical. Test your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning every season and you’ll be ready for any type of weather.
- Hoses and Belts – Have hoses and belts inspected to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Dashboard Warnings – Don’t forget to listen to your car. Most cars have sensors that will alert you if something is wrong. If you see a warning light on your dashboard, don’t ignore it. Take your car to get inspected and find out if there is a serious problem with your car.
As long as you pay attention to your car and keep up with routine inspections, your car will be running smoothly.
*Disclaimer: Drive Casa is not a financial advising institution; all recommendations are based on opinion.